What is considered a maintenance emergency?

A maintenance emergency is something that will cause damage to the property or harm to persons within the property if not addressed immediately. In other words, it cannot wait to be fixed until the following day. For example a pipe burst, sewer backed up and overflowed, no power, etc. If you have such an emergency situation please call (310) 479-2565, follow the prompts which will get you to the proper person who can help you. For all other requests, use the maintenance request form on this website.

What should I do if I have no power in my apartment?

First, contact the provider to see if there is a local outage. If not check the circuit breakers in your apartment. If you still have a problem after checking the circuit breakers contact our office and we will assist you.

What should I do if I locked myself out of my apartment?

If you locked yourself out during normal business hours and there is no onsite maneger, you may come to our office and pick up a key which you would have to return to the office. If you get locked out during during business hours and cannot come to our office there is a service fee which will run between $100 and $200 for one of our staff to com let you in. If you get locked out after regular business hours, you will need to call a locksmith at your own expense.

Can I make repairs or “upgrades” to my apartment and will I be reimbursed for repairs I do on my own?

No, repairs or upgrades must be agreed upon in writing before you may do so. There is no verbal approval of improvements or repairs. Any work done without written approval from our office may result in deductions from your deposit to return the unit to its original condition.

What do I need to do when I intend to move out?

First step is to provide written notice of your intent to move out. Click here for our Notice of Intent to Vacate form. Fill out the form and hit send. If you need the printed PDF form, click here Opens in a new tab, complete the form and email it to us at accounting@RSTrents.com.

How long will it take to get my security deposit back?

Deposit refunds and/or the deposit accounting is always processed within 21 days of your vacating the apartment. Click here Opens in a new tab for our security deposit refund form Opens in a new tab. Fill out the form and hit send. If you printed the PDF version, fill out the form and email it to accounting@RSTrents.com.

How do you avoid maintenance charges while in your unit and when you move out?

A few tips to avoid maintenance issues that end up costing the resident.

  • Keep hair and other foreign objects out of all sinks and drains. Use screens and such to stop items such as hair from getting into drain lines.
  • Don't put grease or anything other than water down the drains.
  • Clean your unit regularly. Clean your carpets regularly.
  • Garbage disposals are not food grinders, do to put food scraps down the disposal.
  • Report any maintenance issues promptly. Waiting to report an issue can result in damage that would have otherwise been avoided.
  • DO NOT remove smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors. These are expensive and you will be charged to replace them.
  • Do not make repairs or improvements without written permission.

How do I apply for a property managed by RST?

1. First, find the property that you are interested in on the “Find a Rental” page of this website. There will be a link to the application for that property on the info page for that property. Click on the link and fill out the application on line.

2. If you are having any trouble applying online and need a printed version of the application you can click on the “Apply” button below which takes youth a PDF version of the application.

3. Be sure you fill out the application completely. Incomplete applications will not be processed until all information is received and all questions within the application have been answered.