RST Executive Team
Scott Tucker, President
Over 38 years of property management experience.
- Founded RST & Assoc. Feb 1, 1981 with just one other employee. Company now has more than 20 employees in the corporate office, 50 on site managers and the maintenance/landscaping staff of over 30 employees.
- Licensed Broker since 1978
- Licensed Contractor since 1993.B (General) and C-27 (landscaping)
- Prior to opening RST - Managed 50 unit building at age of 20 while attending North Texas State University Owned a gas station and bicycle shop while attending North Texas. In 1974 owned and operated a painting, cleaning and carpet cleaning company
- 1972 Graduated North Texas State University with a bachelor of science in education with a teaching certificate.
- Personal Interest - Licensed Commercial pilot fixed wing, Multi engine, instrument, also helicopter rating. Also an avid photographer
Irma Vargas, CFO
Over 45 years of property management experience
- Committee Chair of State Committee 1999-2008(deals with all State Legislation pertaining to landlord/resident relations, property managers and real property)
- Served on various Presidential appointed task forces including, the 2008-09 & 2017 EVP Search Committee
- Key Contact for Various Local council members and worked on Housing Task force from 2013-2015 & 2017-2018
- Appointed State Director, on Land Use, Property Rights & Environmental Issue Committee – 2002 through 2015
- FDIC for Diane Watson 1998-present as well as key Contact for various legislators since 1998
- Served on various committees including Professional Standards 1996-2001
- Real Estate Sales License 1973
- Licensed broker since 1986
- Santa Monica Board of Realtors: Director- 1981-83
- 1987-1991 President Elect 1988
- President 1989 California Association of Realtors
- State Director 1987 to present
- Property Management Committee 1990 to present
- Member of New Housing Committee 2010
- Vice Chair of Property Management Committee 1999 and 2004
- Chair Property Management 2005
- Member of Legislative Committee 1990 to present
- Member of Strategic Planning Committee 2001-2003
- CREPAC Vice Chair 2007 and 2008
- CREPAC Chair 2010
- Vice Chair of Legislative Committee 2014
- Chair of Transaction Regulatory - Finance 2015
- Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of Realtors
- Board of Directors 1997-2001
- Treasurer 1998
- President-Elect 1999
- President 2000
- CLAW Treasurer 2001 to 2008
- Public Policy, 1997-present
- Public Policy Vice Chair ( and mentored Chairs) from 2010-2015
- Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles - Director 1989 to present
- President 1996 & 1997
- National Association of Realtors
- Appointed NAR director for a 3 year term beginning 2005-2007
- Re-appointed for a 3 year term 2008-2010
- Selected to fill RPIC term for 2008
- Re-appointed to two year term as PRIC for California for 2009-2010
- Appointed NAR Director for a 3 year term 2012-2015
- Roque & Mark Co. 1973-1986 - property management and sales
- Office Manager 1980-86.
- Founded and opened Tierra Properties in 1986 Became partner of R.S.T & Associates, Inc. 1986
- Co-Founder of Seabreeze Maintenance Co. in 1994
- Realtor of the Year twice from Santa Monica Board of Realtors in 1987 and from the BHGLAAR in 1999
- 2001 William Garland Award Lifetime Achievement Award 2008
- Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Assoc. of Realtors NAR Hall of Fame Recipient 2015
- Director for Life Calif Association of Realtors 2017
- Graduated 1972 St. Monica’s High School
- Graduated 1975 Santa Monica College with an AA in Business
- Graduated 1977 Loyola Marymount University - Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Craig Tice, COO
Over 25 years of property management experience.
- 2018 Partner at RST & Associates, Inc.
- 1996 - 2016 served as the COO for a property management firm in Southern California which employed over 175 people at it's height, managing more than 600 properties consisting of multifamily residential, condominiums, PUD's, office buildings, shopping centers, mixed use retail and residential, and single family homes.
- Has managed more than 2500 multifamily residential properties, with over 50,000 units during the past 25 years.
- State Court Receiver and Receivership Administrator having handled over 200 receivership matters involving real estate.
- Has managed more than 2 million square feet of commercial space.
- Studied Business Administration at the University of Kansas
- Expert witness having handled cases involving property management matters for both Plaintiff and Defendants in the Superior Court.
- Has managed over 500 Homeowner associations during his career.
- Has managed over 500 Homeowner associations during his career. Provides Expert Witness Services to multiple law firms, property owners and Insurance companies.
Why Choose RST?
Our experience benefits
all our clients
- Serving Los Angeles for more than 40 Years
- Strong relationships with elected officials, Inspectors and industry professionals
- Connections in Sacramento which keep RST clients informed
- Principals of RST have collective experience of over 100 years in the industry
- Average tenure of property supervisors is over 15 years
- Clients are kept informed when laws change that affect their property
We improve our client's
- Invoices never marked up
- Buying power savings passed on to clients
- No unexpected fees ever charged to clients
- No reimbursements charged to clients
- Reports delivered on time every month with supporting documents
- Diverse client base with no client larger than 10 percent of the portfolio
Our clients and staff
stay with us
- Staff turnover is nearly nonexistent
- Half our clients have been with RST 20+ years
- Other half of clients' average tenure is more than 10 years
- Professional service comparable to large national firms delivered while maintaining boutique treatment of our clients has been the key to our success
Reports Delivered Timely Every Month
Reports arrive on the first business day of the month with supporting documents.
The Client's Interest comes first, always
We will operate your property in the manner you desire but will always give you the benefit of our opinions so you can make informed decisions.
We will never surprise you with hidden fees
No reimbursements for copies, postage, office supplies or other hidden fees many other companies charge are ever charged.
Clients have access to all of the RST team
Access includes the principals of RST who are always available to the client. Everyone form the top down is available to help a client.
We will always work to improve your property performance
We have a track record of dramatically improving the client's bottom line and will work with you to do so at your property.
Our Client's Opinions
RST manages a 26 unit apartment building that has been in our family for almost 60 years. We wouldn’t trust this to just any company. This is why we selected RST. They are always up to date on ever-changing requirements for apartment owners to keep us in compliance. They handle resident issues skillfully, and have a professional and responsive staff. As a landlord, you couldn’t do better than have RST manage your property in these challenging times.
My experience with RST has been excellent! I have found Matt Klasila to be extremely responsive to my landlord concerns and needs for my nine unit building in West Los Angeles. Additionally, any interaction with Irma Vargas has been handled professionally and with concern for me, the client. I would definitely recommend them, and I have, to others in need of top notch management for their building(s).
The Memorial Home in West LA has provided low-cost senior housing since 1947. RST has been our property management company for many years and we could not function without them. They help us with accounting and building maintenance and any emergencies that may arise. We highly recommend RST for property management.